The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring symplr software solutions are delivered with highest quality. The Quality Engineer works closely with other engineering and quality team members to ensure the quality of products. This includes designing and executing test plans, following an automated test strategy, planning and executing a thorough regression before release.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As member of an agile development team, participate in daily stand-ups, planning and other meetings
- Work with engineering and product teams to understand the features being built
- Collaborate with quality lead and other members of the team to execute test strategy
- Design, develop and execute tests based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Analyze test results, communicate issues and report any defects
- Escalate risks and dependencies encountered during testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to software testing techniques with a strong attention to detail
- Must be proactive, passionate and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an agile environment with distributed engineering teams
- Experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in quality engineering
- Experience with testing tools like Selenium Web Driver, Postman, ReadyAPI etc.
- Experience with at least one language like C#, Java etc.
- Experience testing web services like REST, SOAP etc.
- Experience with test management tools like Azure DevOps, Zephyr etc.
- Have HEART. To work here, you must be:
- Humble - self-aware and respectful
- Effective - measurably move the needle & immeasurably add value
- Adaptable - innately curious and constantly changing
- Remarkable - stand out in some way
- Transparent - openly and honestly sharing knowledge