Responsible for internal and outgoing product quality. Quality documentation development, facilitation of continuous improvements, working with suppliers and customers to resolve quality or system issues.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or IndustrialEngineering or in the Metallurgical field.
- Automotive quality experience: 5 years in the automotive and/or metal fastener industries.
- Good knowledge of steel processes and cold forming products
- Proficient in GD&T.
- Strong Knowledge of OEM Customer specific requirements
- Work experience with a CMM
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (IATF & ISO14001).
- Experience with Product Warrant documentation.
- Project Management skills with strong proficiency with MS Office including PowerPoint, Minitab etc.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage all internal and external quality issues from both customers and suppliers.
- Support & Monitor implementation of all customer and internal issues/concerns in a timely manner.
- Lead problem solving efforts relating to launch quality issues
- Assess manufacturing issues to ensure quality systems/error proofing is not compromised
- Support the shop floor for all quality related issues with effective training, documentation, product control and studies/research
- Program and operate Mitutoyo CMM
- Conduct metallurgical investigations, organize and perform detailed examinations and appropriate metallurgical laboratory analyses to facilitate the root cause analysis
- Inspect product quality as per customer-specific requirements
- Ability to prepare reports on metallurgical, material, product, process, etc. testing, findings and conclusions
- Review component drawings and understand the application requirements for each component. Understand all performance and engineering specifications applied to the parts.
- Work with the Supply base to establish short term and long term supplier corrective action measures.
- Perform supplier visits/audits as deemed necessary.
- Review Warranty returns, follow up communications with customers and provide analysis of data as required
- Proficient in Tolerancing & Tolerance Stack-up requirements
- Development of required documentation to support the Product Development Process and in accordance with Customer requirements (e.g. APQP, PPAP and FMEA)
- Participate in the development and maintenance of institutionalized quality systems (e.g. TS/IATF & ISO)
- Responsible for the quality of product during the Launch phase
- Initiate Control Plans & training for Plans, Work and Gage Instructions
- Control of all APQP documents via PPAP
- Understand and provide interpretation of customer designs
- Recommend and negotiate GD&T with the Customer
- Responsible for gage quoting and Gage design approval, PPAP review and approval, and Program Issues Review
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities for production
- Must be able to travel within North America and, on occasion, overseas when required