NetApp is looking for an experienced Systems Test Engineer that can quickly become a key contributor in our software release QE environment to join our new Solidfire team. This is a high visibility role that will impact the fundamental performance of our cloud storage solution.
SolidFire’s product is a rapidly growing enterprise class data storage company currently in production with an all SSD solution, specifically designed for large-scale, public and private cloud deployments. SolidFire is delivering high availability, high performance, fault tolerant software that runs concurrently on up to 100 nodes. We flawlessly pool resources and can maintain data integrity even when the network, rack, node, hardware, device, file system, kernel or other software components fail. This is a great opportunity to work on a high powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
In this fast paced environment, you have the opportunity to work on advanced software and will be expected to show initiative and passion on a daily basis by helping shape the functions and processes of the QE organization.
Additional responsibilities of the QE Systems Test Engineer include:
? Create test plans and test strategies
? Perform highly structured manual and automated tests ?Report and track bug cases
? Providing test status and detailed test reports
? Assist development engineers in fault isolation, root cause analysis of failures and resolution
? Assist with test automation development
* Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
* Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
* Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software test planning, test case writing, script development and documentation.
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
* Familiarity with advanced concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
* Follow standard engineering principles and practices
* Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
Responsibility and Interaction:
*Responsible for non-routine and unstructured tasks, requiring creative solutions with more interdependencies and with processes that are less defined.
*Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving complex problems.
* Work effectively with staff to senior manager level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within Business Units as required.
* Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments; general guidance is provided on new assignments.
* Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position.
* Work independently
* Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
* Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
Education & Experience:
* A minimum of 5years of experience is required. 6 to 8years of experience is preferred.
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in ElectricalEngineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
* Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.