Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) is seeking a Fabrication Quality Manager (Level K) to support the new BDS Fabrication division.
Position will report to the Director of Fabrication Quality and indirectly to the Electronics Center of Excellence (CoE) leader in Huntsville Alabama.
- Manages employees performing quality engineering and technical activities on or in support of programs through all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Develops quality strategies and plans in support of new business acquisition and execution of program/business plans.
- Provides education and coaching on the Quality System.
- Acquires and manages resources, provides quality technical management and leads performance improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, suppliers and direct reports.
- Oversees review of technical information to ensure quality and producibility. Manages, develops and motivates employees.
Position will require extensive travel to El Paso through the first quarter of 2018 to accomplish transfer of work to the Huntsville site.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading large projects or teams.
- Experience in one or more of the following applications: Electronics Design, Circuit Card Assembly or Hi Rel Component Qualifications.
- Experience with Engineering specifications, Quality requirement or Manufacturing processes for Commercial or Military applications within Electronics manufacturing.
- Experience leading or managing cross-functional or cross-organizational teams within manufacturing.
- Experience working across multiple programs and locations.
- More than 3 years of experience managing employees within a Quality Organization.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Manager with Direct Reports
Job ID 1700014344