About the Team:
Joining the Corticon team will give you the opportunity to work with experienced and talented individuals shaping the future of Business Rules Management Systems. We take pride in our product, providing a great customer experience, and fostering an environment that emphasizes continuous improvement and opportunities for individual growth.
About the Job:
Progress is looking for a Principal QA Engineer to join the Corticon team to provide technical leadership in the testing of the Corticon product. We place an emphasis on test automation; you’ll need solid programing skills to succeed in this position.
Corticon is a leading Business Rules Management System (BRMS) used by thousands of users world-wide to automate business decisions. Our focus is on enabling the power of business rules for the business user; allowing those who understand the needs of the business to define the rules for how it operates.
Corticon goal is delivering a high-quality product that supports the success of both business and technical users. We are customer focused and always looking for how to better the product and the processes used to create it. As a principal QA engineer you’ll be a key member of the team and help us meet these goals.
Activities will include:
- Creation of detailed test plans for new product features
- Development and maintenance of test frameworks and methodologies
- Creation of automated test cases for new and modified product features
- Configuration of application servers and databases for use in test cases
- Prompt validation of product patches
- Daily triaging of automated test results
- Development of quality metrics and driving efforts for continuous improvement
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Five plus years in Quality Assurance with emphasis on test automation
- Experienced testing both web and desktop GUI applications as well as back end services
- Able to work independently, taking information from specifications and team members to transform it into effective test plans and automated test procedures
- Effective at time management and task prioritization
- Experienced in developing and tracking quality metrics
- Have the confidence to raise your voice if we’re falling short of our quality goals
- Proficient in Java programing and OS scripting
- Basic knowledge of SQL, .NET, Docker, AWS and other cloud technologies
- Experience with QTP, Selenium and Docker strongly desired
- Experienced on with Windows and Linux platforms
- Experienced deploying one or more SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Postgres…)
- Experienced deploying one or more application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, …)
- Experience working in an agile team a plus