Quality Engineer Position:
Build quality systems (ISO9001, AS9100, and Nadcap) and monitor product quality to assure customer satisfaction; develop Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) techniques and oversee performance of MPI processes
- Develop work instructions and procedures in order to meet customer requirements.
- Review customer specifications and ensure all specifications are included in the shop orders.
- Develop requiredinspection documentation and monitor product quality.
- Approve incoming material.
- Manage customer issues and communicate customer concerns to the organization.
- Develop, advice, oversee and perform non destructive testing such as MPI.
- Approve certificates of conformance.
- Submit customer required First Article Inspections and PPAP’s.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Bring problems to the attention of Production Managers, Supervisors, Safety/Environmental Manager, or Director of Human Resource.
- Follow daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work within established polices and rules.
- Ability to make decisions that are within policies and procedures. An error in judgment could cause production lots rejected by customers.
- Knowledge in Microsoft office applications and SPC software such as Minitab
- Ability to work withfellow plant employees; Have good people skills.
- Educationrequired; 4years College Degree or Technical training is preferred.
- 5-10 years experience in a like environment is required.