The Quality Engineer, working for the Quality Manager, supports all aspects of the quality process, from New Product Development (NPD) in the corporate headquarters to continuous improvement in our manufacturing facilities. This critical role will design and implement processes supporting APQP, Six Sigma and root cause problem solving. The position is responsible for building quality into the new product introduction process, as well as resolving legacy quality issues and developing/improving new quality processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with cross-functional NPD team to promote and implement the APQP process, leveraging a strong understanding of AIAG PPAP processes and strongly proficient with PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plans, and GR&R. Apply design engineering and diverse manufacturing knowledge to the preventative principles of quality engineering.
• Manage projects to maintain schedules and move items to closure quickly.
• Establish and implement continuous process improvements and quality initiatives including policies, objectives, plans, and effectively manage legacy quality issues as they arise.
• Drive the adoption of quality metrics and requirements across departments to increase operating efficiencies, accuracy, and customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate internal and external audits of processes, ensuring smooth and successful outcome.
• Promote and maintain the Business Improvement principles of Six Sigma, Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing throughout the company.
• Partner with Supplier Quality Manager to develop, implement, monitor, and maintain supplier quality management tools and evaluation systems (i.e. PPAP, receiving, inspection, nonconforming material, corrective action, etc.)
• Approximately 20% travel will be required to Mexico and Asia.
•WORKS AS A TEAM
•ACTION - biased
•Fosters a WINNING spirit
• Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Business Insight: Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
• Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Communicate Effectively: Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of
the unique needs of different audiences
• Customer Focus: Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
• Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
• Decision Quality: Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
• Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
• Managers Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
• Organizational Savvy: Maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process and people related organizational dynamics
• Plans and Aligns: Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• A minimum of 5 years in quality engineering, product engineering, reliability engineering or related field required
• 5 plus years combined experience in engineering, working with APQP quality program including development of policies, procedure, and evaluations coupled with robust aptitude in problem solving techniques.
• Hands-on experience with mechanical, electromechanical & electronic devices and components.
• Electrical engineering coupled with mechanical aptitude preferred.
• Solid statistical skills and working knowledge of process capability principles.
• Strong understanding of quality concepts and programs (PPAP, Six Sigma and FMEAs).
• Proficient in Minitab, or similar statistical program.
• Proven experience developing and implementing ISO certification process and procedures, Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement Programs.
• Good problem solving and team skills demonstrated on a variety of projects.
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification highly desirable.
• Knowledge and application of the ISO 9000 series quality systems model. Lead Auditor in ISO Quality Systems certification preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in documenting experimentation and testing protocol and results.
• English/Spanish or English/Mandarin bilingual ability a plus
The Master Lock Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The Master Lock Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.