Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
The Quality Engineer provides quality engineering and assurance to ensure products and services are produced to exceed customer requirements and expectations. The quality engineer works in conjunction with other business and engineering disciplines using a cross-functional approach to ensure new/improved and current products and processes are in compliance with applicable quality management systems, standards, and regulations.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities
- Lead quality planning activities for new product release projects, including verification and validation plans
- Contributes to validation planning for new and existing processes
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Prepares reports and presentations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations
- Design and implement inspection methods, equipment, acceptance criteria and sampling plans
- Initiate or assist in cost reductions of product inspections
- Ensure effective product engineering control and transfer to production
- Provide validation, sampling, and statistical analysis support to other functions in the organization
- Lead Quality issue resolution by applying root cause methodologies
- Works under indirect supervision following established practices and clear-cut policies in the performance of majority of duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree plus a minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing or quality engineering (preferred) in a manufacturing environment
- Must have thorough knowledge of and experience with Mechanical Assembly products.
- Posses a understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems, and professional ethics
- Able to define and/or interpret problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, customers, and suppliers
- Interpret an extensive variety of industry standards, technical instructions, drawings, and specifications
- Have a thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements
- Ability to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods to facilitate process analysis and improvements
- Understand readiness processes and requirements
Skills and Ability Expectations
- Problem solving using root cause methodologies
- Applying statistics and software in data analysis
- Application of failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility for handling a wide range of activities
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Teaches others new processes and procedures.