- Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products and assemblies.
- Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspectionprocesses.
- Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance.
- Provides technical assistance to inspection areas.
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions.
- Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues.
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Some travel (10-25%) is required.
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy Q-level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution/program is required.
- At least seven year’s experience in a manufacturing, production or quality engineering role.
- Existing DOE Q-Clearance desirable
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective acceptance processes and improve existing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
- Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer deliverables.
Plan and execute project tasksPresent to leadership and external customersConsult with vendors and suppliersCommunicate non-compliance incidentsSuggest enhancements to advance projects Must have or be eligible for asecurity clearance due tocontractual requirements. Exempt
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift