Quality Engineer - Lowell, Massachusetts United States- # 10168
- Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree - Chemical or Plastics Engineer
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Our client is a major manufacturer of thermoplastic adhesives and specialty films that serve various markets throughout the world. They need an experienced Quality Engineer to join their team.They are very customer facing manufacturer. This is a fast paced environment where team work is imperative to success. If you are looking for a challenging job in a collaborative environment contact us today.
Our client is a major manufacturer of thermoplastic adhesives and specialty films that serve various markets throughout the world. They need an experienced Quality Engineer to join their team.
- Provide technical support for customer complaints, timely, effective corrective action and communication.
- Provide technical support to the production floor, as it related to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Provide support and technical resources to purchasing group concerning supplier corrective actions and approval, including supplier audits.
- Responsible for CAPA system, ensure ISO 9001:2015 compliance, improvement and follow thru
- Internal resource for ISO 9001:2015. Documentation, auditing, improvement.
- Work closely with Quality Control technicians, production personnel, customer service and other groups communicating any new processes or procedures relating to quality issues.
- Special customer requests such as PPAPs, FMEAs, CPSIA, and control plans.
- Continuous improvement using lean manufacturing tools.
- Create and monitor production trials where appropriate.
- BS in Engineering required, Plastics or Chemical Engineer preferred.
- Plastics Processing REQUIRED, Extrusion Experience ideal
- 5 + years? experience in preventative/corrective action, root cause analysis, and PDCA.
- Experience in lean manufacturing/ continuous improvement, Six Sigma experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Detail oriented, excellent technical, analytical, problem solving, and reporting skills.
- Proficiency using Office 365 (Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Sharepoint and Outlook.
- Strong background in Statistical Decision Making and Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Specialized knowledge, licenses: on ISO 9001:2015, DFSS
- Ability to communicate with customers, suppliers, and various internal departments.
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident and travel up to 25% (domestic & international)