Infostretch is a digital-first professional services firm. By combining in-depth experience with ready-made tools, frameworks, technologies, and partnerships, Infostretch helps enterprises get digital right, the first time. With an experienced team of digital technologists, Infostretch offers Digital Strategy, Digital Development, DevOps, Quality Engineering, Cloud, IoT, Data Analytics and Mobility services. The company is trusted by leading Fortune 100 companies as well as emerging innovators to deliver solutions that work seamlessly across channels, leverage predictive analytics to optimize the software lifecycle, and support continuous innovation.
We are seeking a QE Lead with a minimum of 5+ years of experience based in New York, NY.
The QE will be responsible for the automation testing to ensure the best quality results. The QE has to design, create and maintain automated test scripts that will be used to validate the quality of software applications. With guidance from Quality leadership, the QE will drive the testing for validating new applications, or changes to existing applications.
The QE will:
- collaborate closely with engineers, business analysts and product owners and other team members to determine appropriate acceptance criteria for all changes (new features as well as updates)
- be responsible to review unit test coverage implemented by engineers so as to inform QE test strategy
- be responsible to implement automated test harnesses and tests based on the agreed-upon acceptance criteria. The QE may work with other automated test engineers for this
- be responsible to setup the execution of automated tests as needed, via Continuous Integration (CI) tools
- be responsible to review the results of automated tests and take appropriate action (e.g. file defects, update test code/data/configuration etc.)
- be responsible to ensure that any areas not covered by automated tests are validated via alternate mechanisms
- be responsible for generating and communicating test reports and metrics out to stakeholders
- Analytical competence, which supports Test creation
- Proven experience in automation of Web applications especially of UI
- Active Participation in determining acceptance criteria of new features as well as changes
- Determine appropriate test strategy for changes
- Determine impact to test suite – need for new tests, maintenance to current tests etc.
- Determine test data requirements for new tests
- Technical competence, which supports Test Implementation
- Experience with Acceptance Driven Development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approaches to developing and testing software
- Experience with Cucumber/Gherkin language to specify scenarios, or alternate tools in the same space such as Behat, Watir etc.
- Good level of expertise with Java programming as applied to implementing automated tests with REST services, Selenium, Databases etc.
- Familiar with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL etc.)
- Familiar with modern version control systems such as Git, BitBucket or similar
- Familiar with leveraging Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins to setup tests to execute on schedule, on demand or true CI (e.g. chained to code commits)
- Familiar with Fiddler, Charles, Postman, REST-Client, SOAP UI or similar tools to independently test REST end points to correlate and isolate defect causes
- Able to review code changes at a high level, understand unit test coverage and design automated tests that complement developer unit tests
- Other competence, which supports Quality
- Strong adherence to Agile principles in letter as well as in spirit. Knows and follows Agile convention, but importantly internalizes the Agile spirit
- Strong communicator – able to work closely with counterparts in a cross-functional, Agile team setting, to understand product needs and implement the right automated tests
- Understands the importance of data as to analyze reported issues, inform severity of defects, inform the priority of tests
If you feel that this is a good match for your skillsets - please send a current word version of your resume along with a cover letter describing your skills, experience and salary expectations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)