The Role Performs a variety of quality-related functions in support of regulatory, customer, and company requirements/objectives. Coordinates/develops/monitors/maintains necessary procedures, controls, and/or programs to assure compliance/conformance to regulatory, customer, and company requirements. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform product quality audits to assure compliance with customer, drawing, internal, and regulatory requirements
- Perform system audits in support of the Quality/Environmental Management System
- Assist in coordinating close out of audit findings through, creating audits finding reports and determining proper corrective and preventive actions with the lead of the area being audited.
- Assist in coordinating needed actions to support continued ISO/AS9100 certification, preferred supplier status, and AS 9001 certifications (required for Government Quality Engineers)
- Assist in liaison activities with customers and suppliers on all quality-related activities
- Review, identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
- Assist in review of bid and proposal quality clauses and provide compliance matrix
- Assist in review of customer quality clauses, quality documents and provide compliance matrix
- Support Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
- Assist in review of trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing rejects, supplier history, etc and provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist in design review activities including inspectability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
- Interfaces with all departments at all levels
- Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers with general supervision.
- Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Employs mistake-proofing techniques
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data
- Identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
- Perform FAA Designee authorized functions
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L-3 Ethics Standards
- Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations
- Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Related intern/co-opexperience.
- Ability to perform or learn skills in troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making under the guidance of a mentor.
- Knowledgeable of concepts, practices, policies/procedures, internal engineering, manufacturing and project management functions.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills. Ability to develop relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Familiarity with AS9100, D0-178, D0-254 and aviation regulations (required for Government Quality Engineers)
- Familiarity with quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, SQC, DOE, ANOVA, etc.)
- Familiarity with quality systems software and business desktop software programs
- Familiarity with quality analysis techniques (statistical analysis, problem solving, process mapping, SPC, Root Cause and CAPA process)
- Interact effectively with management, peers, and other employees relative to quality and technical issues.
- The individual must have demonstrated ability in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as with Minitab