Product and Process Support
- Collaborate with The Hope Group Supplier and Customers quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and assure Hope Group process readiness.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
- Ensure manufacturing processes and procedures meet AS9100 requirements as stated in the Quality Manual
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA). Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Provide engineering support to Operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, and implementing action plans.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Performs a variety of quality tasks across all departments, as assigned.
- When assigned, manage and lead the Material Review Board. Establish disposition for all parts, and drive corrective action when warranted. This includes supplier issues.
- Be a key player on the Internal Audit Team as needed per the Internal Audit Procedure.
Coordinate the timely completion of corrective actions
- Via system reports, monitor employee performance to CAPA process requirements.
- Influence the progress toward closure and effective completion of actions and tasks.
- Lead, facilitate, and/or participate in continuous improvement initiatives / projects using Quality tools such as Lean and Six Sigma as applicable to the effort.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, and Production to resolve Customer complaints or requests for corrective actions.
- As it relates to AS9100, coordinate training and delivery of content with Process Owners ensuring employee competence in relevant topics.
- Deliver quality tools training as required.
Thorough skills knowledge of a specialized or technical field such as Quality Assurance/Quality Control, statistics, including technical aptitude and problem solving skills and the ability to train others. Lean and/or Six Sigmaexperience a plus. MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. Equivalent to a 4-year college education in Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Business, or equivalent work experience
Over 5 years up to and including 7 years.
COMPLEXITIES OF DUTIES
Diversified duties involving an intensive knowledge of the QMS procedures and their application to situations not previously addressed. Duties require considerable judgment to work independently to achieve results, or to devise new or modify and adapt existing methods, processes, procedures, or standards to meet new or unusual requirements. Duties require forecasting, broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and ability to deal with complex factors and ideas not easily evaluated. Makes decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
Under general oversight, works from policies and general objectives with little functional guidance. Rarely refers specific situations to supervisor unless clarification or interpretation of organization policies is involved. Otherwise, an independent self-starter with good organization, strong leadership, and project management skills.