Kansas City, MO
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Less than 5 years
Posted 137 days agoby Ronald Parks
Our client, a large manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their team, located in the Midwest, to work in the capacity of Quality Engineer. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining manufacturing quality plans along with project-specific quality plans, compiling and analyzing statistical data in order to assess process capabilities and control processes, investigating and resolving CAPAs. The ideal candidate will possess experience performing internal and external ISO audits, assuring compliance to and providing guidance regarding interpreting governmental regulations and ISO 9100 standards, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, preparing required quality documentation, publishing quality metrics and maintaining and updating quality procedures.
*Develop and maintain manufacturing quality plans for the facility, including inspection and control plans, and ensure adherence to and the proper execution
* Develop and maintain project-specific quality plans, including establishing quality requirements and standards for projects, while adhering to the customer requirements and working as part of a cross-functional team.
* Measure and publish project-quality costs
* Compile and analyze statistical data in order to assess process capabilities and control processes and conduct Process Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (PFMEA), Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) studies
* Investigate and resolve all assigned Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs)
* Perform both internal ISO audits and external supplier audits. Participate in the supplier certification process and develop qualification requirements for purchased components and services
* Assure compliance to and provide guidance and expertise regarding interpreting governmental regulations, ISO AS9100 standards and internal Quality policies in order to assure compliance
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities and support efforts in order to implement LEAN principles throughout the organization
* Prepare required quality documentation and reports.
* Publish and distribute quality metrics
* Maintain and update quality procedures
Best Industry ? Aerospace/Aviation, Defense/Space, Manufacturing
Best Department ? Engineering, Quality
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related engineering discipline is required. ASQ certification is strongly preferred.
2 - 5 years of Quality engineering experience is required.
Experience in a precision machine shop environment is strongly preferred.
Strong background with scrap reduction and continuous improvement projects is required.
Experience working within a CAPA program strongly preferred.
Experience working within a LEAN/Six Sigma environment is required.
Demonstrated use of structured problem-solving methods (i.e. 8D) is required.
Experience using an ERP system (i.e. SAP, etc.) is required.
Experience developing manufacturing quality plans is required.
Experience working in an ISO environment and conducting internal and supplier audits is a strong plus.
Experience utilizing MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint MS Outlook, etc.) as well as knowledge of other relevant technical software is required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply.