John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing and air transportation industries. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. Whether you’re a university student seeking an internship, an experienced professional or a skilled tradesman, we offer exceptional career building opportunities. Our talented, diverse workforce is what allows us to provide the very best products and services to our customers. We value our people and encourage brainstorming, collaboration, and continuous improvement, while enjoying a challenging and exciting work environment.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Jetway Management System to measure and control quality throughout the production process. Working closely with internal and external customers, the Quality Engineer will define quality standards for products, quality checks, and reporting requirements. He or she will support quality inspectors and provide them with tools to control quality in the factory.
The Quality Engineer will analyze quality problems to identify root causes and implement corrective actions. He or she will work across multiple disciplines to raise awareness of quality and provide training in quality procedures. In addition, the Quality Engineer will work with members of the supply chain to ensure quality of raw materials, components and subassemblies.
The successful candidate should have a proven ability to lead teams and drive continuous improvement utilizing industry standard problem solving tools and methodology. Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop performance measurements and reporting requirements for each stage of the production process
- Create and maintain quality documentation (quality manuals, procedures, inspection records, test reports)
- Define and document product quality requirements based on voice of the customer
- Collect and analyze quality data to identify problems and assign corrective actions
- Lead and participate in efforts to identify root causes and implement corrective actions
- Work with purchasing and sourcing to monitor supplier quality and implement corrective and preventative measures to deal with any quality issues
- Provide training to operators and staff in quality procedures
- Provide support and necessary tools to quality inspectors
- Work collaboratively with all departments to raise awareness of quality
- Create and maintain quality metrics and reports to track progress and highlight quality issues
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the potential to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree (B. S.) in Engineering discipline or equivalent from four-year College or University school; Minimum 5 + years manufacturing and assembly operations experience, working knowledge of ISO9001 requirements and Quality Management Systems based on the standard. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification highly desirable. Six Sigma training is also a plus.
Requisition ID 2018-2752