We are looking for Quality Engineer for our client in Irvine, CA
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Applies knowledge of quality engineering principles and methods to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and client's systems/procedures to optimize product development, internal and external device manufacturing, and device distribution.
- Must have a Mechanical Engineering Degree, and be proficient in Solidworks. Self-Driven, Hands-on Mechanical, Protocol/Report writing experience, Minitab Statistical Analysis a plus.
- Lead in the investigation of complex manufacturing product quality and compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations) for all production processes based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations and develop reports
- Drive the development and manage the execution of complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols) to create, validate, and improve products (including evaluation of source materials and suppliers) and manufacturing processes/methods based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports and collaborate with team members to drive project completion
- Lead in the identification and ensure the optimization of complex Manufacturing processes using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) for design for manufacturing and for continuous process improvement. Identify opportunities for re-design/design of more complex equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk. Develop technical content of risk management files
- Develop training and documentation materials for production (e.g., work instructions) to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes
- Oversee Quality support tasks; gives instruction to engineers/technicians on conducting tests; trains engineers/ technicians and provides feedback; and may coordinate engineers/ technician work.
- Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on more complex procedures
- Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 6 years experience including either industry or industry/education Required Or Master's Degree or equivalent 5 years experience including either industry or industry/education Required Or Ph.D. or equivalent in in Engineering or Scientific field , 2 years experience including either industry or industry/education Required
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Proven expertise in statistical techniques
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Ability to translate technical information to all levels of the organizations
- Extensive knowledge and understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Quality Engineering (e.g., CQE body of knowledge) • Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts with ability to apply to work product
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering concepts with ability to apply to work product
- Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Extensive understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Knowledge of and adherence to Client's Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Work is performed independently while exercising considerable latitude in making significant decisions
- Set policies and standards that are followed by others
- Guides others in resolving basic issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of creativity
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist.