The Infrastructure Quality Specialist is responsible for supporting cloud operations teams with effective testing, monitoring, and event management solutions. Processes and solutions must meet the demanding nature of online hosting and distributed applications in a complex, cloud-based and virtualized/containerized environment. The infrastructure quality specialist will jointly part of Quality Assurance and Cloud Infrastructure teams, charged with driving improvements to infrastructure, application and service monitoring for cloud operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
The focus for this role is developing, implementing, and enhancing the testing and verification of cloud infrastructure.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the Infrastructure Quality Specialist are to:
- Build automatedperiodic health checks and break/fix support on monitoring platforms;
- Support and validate efficient event management processes and automation;
- Configure and maintain central monitoring platforms;
- Under the guidance of the Infrastructure Architect, participate in the governance of application and infrastructure monitoring design, implementation, customization and support;
- Manageevent logging and historical repositories of infrastructure test data to aid in the investigation and prevention of incidents, problems and service quality issues;
- Keep on top of current and emerging technologies;
- Carry out all other related tasks (7c3rmo)
This includes monitoring for:
- Off-the-self Applications;
- SaaS Applications;
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science, Engineering or related preferred
- Language Experience: ServerSpec, InSpec, Terraform, Python, Ruby, or Java a plus
- Proficient in Linux (Red Hat, CentOS or equivalent).
- Experience working with code repositories (git, subversion or similar)
- Experience on CloudWatch, Jenkins, Containers (Docker), and DevOps
- AWS Certified SysOps Associate preferred.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program