Quality Engineer II
5 - 7 years experience • Automotive
Quality Engineer II with industry experience in automotive class A is needed in the Florence, AL area, up to $73K salary.
- Managing all advanced quality planning documents;
- Participating in quality planning activities including FMEAs, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Charts, and Gage R&R and capability studies;
- Reviewing and preparing documentation including AQP, customer documents, etc.;
- Traveling to customers’ facilities to participate in all phases of the customer’s launch activities;
- Performing technical and statistical investigations and analysis on production, quality, process, and equipment issues;
- Verifying countermeasures for customer complaints, the revision of related documents, and the submission of countermeasure reports to the customers;
- Conducting testing and dimensional layouts using mechanical and electricalinspection gages;
- Preparing and auditing procedures, records, and personnel requirements for inspection, testing, complaint handling, and vendor contact on quality problems.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- 4+ years of related manufacturing quality experience;
- QC Certification is preferred;
- Automotive supplier manufacturing industry class A (auto interiors, cosmetics) is required;
- Technical knowledge in statistics and/or QC tools inspection methods;
- Understanding of CAD, GD&T, APQP, FMEAs, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Charts, and Gage R&R and capability studies.
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Recruiting firm.