As a Quality Engineer, you will be accountable to manage continual improvements of Huntsman’s products and processes supporting the electronics market. This position interfaces closely with Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Sourcing to identify and correct issues proactively to prevent customer quality issues.
What will be expected from you?
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures to assure quality products and service to Huntsman’s customers in the electronics market.
- Act as technical lead on product non-conformance investigations, interfacing with other groups to perform root cause analysis and implement corrective/preventive actions
- Utilize statistical analysis of process and product data (SPC, SQC) to identify areas of improvement that will reduce variability and improve product quality
- Lead discussions to understand and document customer quality requirements. Participate in customer quality meetings and present updates as required. Support customer specific quality programs
- Provide input and track process and equipment changes for required customer notifications
- Support the process for determining and validating method detection limits for analytical instruments and completing GRR studies as needed
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering with 5+ yrs. related experience
- Chemical Plant and Operations experience strongly preferred
- Electronics or semiconductor industry experience a plus
- Experience with Quality standards such as ISO9001 preferred
- Change Management experience required
- Applied experience in management or leadership roles
- Detail and results oriented with strong execution, organization, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred