This position is located in our Richwood, KY facility.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for coordinating the quality functions throughout the facility including: daily inspection of machined, manufactured and purchased parts or assemblies, pursuing root cause of defects, implementing and tracking corrective actions, continuous improvements, quality system maintenance, improvement, and interfacing with plant personnel as well customers. Supporting product launches, ECN activity, daily production support and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine First Article Inspections and periodic assessment of compliance to Work Order and BOM requirements.
- Perform nonconforming product investigations, manage nonconforming materials and coordinate nonconformance (MRB) dispositions.
- Maintain and develop incoming, in-process and final inspection criteria, methods and data collection. Monitor inspection activities.
- Prepare quality control plans, FMEAs and inspection methods.
- Participate in design reviews, new product introduction and validation. Perform process and product validation in support of internal and customer requirements.
- Perform "Sample Request Approval" documentation in accordance with internal and customer requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis, corrective action and documentation for customer returns.
- Perform training of quality control inspectors and others as assigned.
- Review drawing changes and Engineering Change Orders. .
- Perform and improve process capability analysis and design of experiments.
- Support Inspection personnel in the performance of their assigned responsibilities.
- Assure that manufacturing plans and processes are properly documented and conform to quality management system requirements.
- Define methods and specify equipment appropriate for inspection activities.
- Perform corrective action including investigation, root cause analysis, and development of corrective and preventive action plans.
- Author work instructions, inspection, check sheets and maintain quality system documentation as applicable.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping.
- Safety awareness - use PPE, support and maintain a safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of quality engineering principles.
- Machining, CNC machining and programming, tooling, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to analyze component, product and manufacturing processes to improve product quality and process efficiency.
- Proficient with inspection methods, tools and instruments (Calipers, Optical Comparator, digital height gages, CMM, etc.)
- Self-motivated and team orientated.
- Experienced interpreting GD&T requirements of complex machined components.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both written and verbally.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Proven communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related discipline with 5-7 years manufacturing work experience.
- Experience in metal machining manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is maybe required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.