Less than 5 years experience • Automotive
Interact with internal and external Customers, Engineers, and Suppliers to investigate and analyze complex quality issues, verify countermeasures, and follow up on issue resolution process within a timely manner.
Apply solid knowledge of problems solving techniques and root cause analysis to resolve moderately complex issues.
Familiar with a variety of problem solving / quality tools, and act as point of contact for all Customers.
1. Develop, maintain and improve processes and systems to ensure compliance with customer and internal quality standards and expectations, and identify and assist in the resolution of systematic and incidental quality problems.
2. Plan and implement systems and processes to ensure maintenance of quality standards in the initiation of new products, collaborating with suppliers and customers throughout all stages of new product launch.
3. Collaborate with suppliers and/or customers to develop, implement and improve quality standards and practices.
4. Collaborate with suppliers and/or customers to establish concerted and systematic understanding of quality standards and expectations for materials, components and goods produced.
5. Translate customer needs and expectations into actionable and measurable terms.
6. Interact with internal and external Customers, Engineers, and Suppliers to investigate and analyze complex quality issues, verify countermeasures, and follow up on issue resolution process within a timely manner.
7. Apply solid knowledge of problems solving techniques and root cause analysis to resolve moderately complex issues.
8. Should be familiar with a variety of problem solving / quality tools and act as point of contact for all Customers.
9. Coordinate the investigation of customer claims in order to identify and resolve systematic and incidental quality problems with respect to both internal production processes and supplier inputs.
10. Develop and implement improved sampling and testing procedures for both supplier inputs and goods in process and finished products.
11. Develop, submit for customer approval, and monitor the implementation of technically sound and cost efficient changes in processes, systems, procedures and other factors required to resolve quality problems and/or improve compliance with quality standards and expectations.
12. Participate in the design, development, modification and maintenance of information collection, storage, retrieval and analysis systems.
13. Collaborate with production team leaders and Associates, technicians and other engineers to develop and implement modifications to work areas, processes, component and product specifications, materials specifications, and testing and inspection procedures which improve compliance with quality standards.
14. Collect, compile, analyze and evaluate quality data, including claims and test data, and prepare standard and special reports and presentation materials for internal and external audiences.
15. Provide technical advice and assistance to suppliers and to other engineers and technicians in identifying and resolving quality problems and meeting customer needs and expectations.
16. Provide training in quality principles and the application of quality tools.
17. Perform other work as assigned by the Manager and/or Section Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPRERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree
2. Experience & Skills
* 3+ years of experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Basic working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and/or electronic engineering principles.
* Basic working knowledge of theoretical and applied statistical analysis, with particular emphasis on analysis of variance and hypothesis testing.
* Basic working knowledge of sample design and sampling procedures.
* Basic working knowledge of principles and practices of manufacturing and/or quality engineering.
* Basic working knowledge of inspection and testing protocols and procedures.
* Basic working knowledge of, and ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, technical drawings, schematics and work manuals.
* Basic working knowledge of TS 16949 requirements.
* Proficiency in using statistical and database applications software.