As a Quality Engineer at FireMon, you will play a major role in helping to ensure efficient and consistent delivery of high-quality Network Security products for our growing customer base. You will help to drive both manual and automated testing advancements for our portfolio of Network Security products using your exceptional skills in quality assurance, teamwork and customer focus.
- Quickly build and maintain a strong hands-on understanding of FireMon product architecture, features, test cases and customer use cases.
- Collaborate regularly with members of the Quality Engineering, Development, Product Management and Support Teams to fully understand customer needs, and implement optimal testing solutions to meet those needs.
- Plan, execute and track testing activities and milestones in an Agile environment and work closely with Engineering leaders to manage delivery and risks.
- Identify, document, prioritize and track bugs/issues.
- Reproduce and troubleshoot customer issues in-house for resolution.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Experience as a hand-on Senior Quality Engineer (Ideally with experience in a Lead QE/QA role)
- Deep understanding of software quality processes and methodologies
- Strong experience in defining both broad (end-to-end) and deep (lower level data validation) test cases for complex product features
- Ability to anticipate and define test environments (hardware, network, data) needed to effectively test complex product use cases
- Ability to drive both manual and automated testing improvements
- History of great teamwork with Product Management, Development and Support/Services teams
- Very comfortable using Jira, confluence and commercial test management tools for effective test planning and excellent test execution visibility
- Experience with setting up and managing test beds in a virtualized environment
- Experience in scripting languages (Python/Perl/bash)
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Prior experience testing Networking/Network Security solutions (Firewall, IPS/IDS, Vulnerability Management Systems, Network Discovery/Management)
- Understanding of common layer 2-7 networking protocols and related technologies (e.g., Ethernet, MPLS, IPv4/IPv6, TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, BGP, etc.)
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Prior Development experience (Java, C++, etc.)