Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization.
The Quality Engineering team is seeking a Quality Engineer. As a member of the Quality Engineering team, the QE Engineer will work closely with members of the Product Management and Development teams to define test plan and test cases that ensure that Crestron products are shipped at highest quality. Understanding the business, technical, and operational requirements will be key to building an efficient test strategy and plan. Ultimately, the QE Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality product and demonstrating the same via defined metrics.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured network test plans and network test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Design, develop and execute manual and automation test cases.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Provide process improvement recommendations.
- Detailed oriented and fast learner.
- Thorough understanding of test processes and test methodologies.
- Have a knack for breaking things and then letting other people know how it’s done.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
- A high degree of skill in troubleshooting, characterizing, and describing software defects.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Excellent team player with a consistently positive attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving, options analysis and continuous improvement of process, team and systems.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Telecommunication or Electrical/Electronic or Computer science.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in manual testing involving firmware and hardware testing.
- Commitment to product excellence and quality
- Experience with defect tracking systems, test management systems and software revision control.
- Experience in audio and video testing is a plus.
- Experience in providing and presenting project status reports through the development cycle
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Team oriented; strong interpersonal skills.
Job ID 2017-5073