Job Title: Quality Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Coffeyville, KS
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This job fully integrates an individual into the engineering culture by performing specific quality engineering assignments that are limited in scope, depth and degree of skill required.
- Work plans and decisions are usually reviewed by others.
- Learns and uses quality planning tools and analysis to formulate/facilitate quality plans for new products within the product delivery, order fulfillment or customer support processes.
- Learns and uses quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
- Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
- Gathers and analyzes data pertinent to quality tools in the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP), Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Support Process (CSP). Performs quality audits, including supporting International Standards Organization (ISO) audits, and maintains quality manual. Inputs and maintains information in factory databases and systems. Monitors quality plan tracking system. Assists in reviews and investigations of warranty claim information.
Required Skill Set:
- 2nd Shift Position providing hands on Quality line support and trouble- shooting to assembly and machining operations including containment of factory Quality issues. Investigates, gathers, and analyzes data and implements solutions.
- Innovates and implements quality improvement ideas of moderate scope.
- Leads analysis, development and implementation of mistake proofing concepts and technology. Utilizes Six Sigma methodologies to drive improvements.
- Communicates with Suppliers regarding Quality issues and implementation of corrective actions. Desired Knowledge and Skills are background in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.).
- Experience using SAP, ability to read drawings, ability to understand and interpret GD&T, demonstrated experience utilizing problem solving tools, Six Sigma or Quality Certifications, experience using precision measuring tools.
- Manager looking for candidates with 4 year Engineering degree. SAPexperience is a plus. Position will be 2nd shift (2:30 pm to 11:00 pm) will need metatarsals for first day.B