The Quality Engineer provides expertise and analysis for manufacturing operations including production and engineering and to accelerate the application of statistical tools such as designed experiments and process control.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMTED TO:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the company on quality policies and procedures as related to statistical applications
- Provide expertise in guiding the implementation and improvement of SPC applications
- Actively encourage and support employees using quality tools
- Liaise with vendors to improve quality of their products
- Initiate, support and coach Lean Six Sigma improvement teams
- Develop and conduct training including in-house quality courses, application of quality tools and using statistical software.
- Lead and support teams with corrective actions, preventive actions and opportunities that involve designed experiments, SPC and capability studies.
- Participate on quality improvement teams as the statistical expert
- Interpret and advise employees on how to apply the plant quality manual requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent is required
- P.Eng. designation is an asset
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Five years’ experience in a Quality Engineer role
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in statistical process control and capability
- Experience leading projects and initiatives
- Take initiative, seek and act on opportunities to improve process performance
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms
- Must be aware of and respect the confidential nature of information and data
- Require a high activity level and sense of urgency
- Able to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional and quality manner
- Comfortable presenting and training to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, MS Project and Outlook.