5 - 7 years experience • Energy / Alternative
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Quality Engineer to support innovation, design and productization of new Li-ion battery technologies.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting Lithium-ion batteries – today. With its management team of recognized authorities in the battery industry, Cadenza Innovation Inc. has dramatically improved the quality and safety of lithium-ion batteries while delivering outstanding performance challenging industry competition.
Cadenza Innovation Inc. offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity to get in with an exciting and dynamic start-up company that offers tremendous growth, challenge and reward.
- Maintain quality documentation and process, including quality procedures, deviations, preventive and corrective action reports
- Drive quality improvement, including products and production line / equipment, and maximize quality yield
- Plan for use of quality tools, including quality tools, capability studies, and statistical process control
- Update quality procedures & records when necessary in response to issues such as quality problems, parts obsolescence, and minor requirement changes.
- Work withresponsible engineers to optimize test process for quality and schedule
- Provide input during battery development for product manufacturing capabilities, tests and help transition design from development to production.
- Create, maintain, and report product quality status and improvement plan
- Manage part and vendor supply chain to ensure a quality product on time
- Bachelor of science in electrical, mechanical, manufacturing and quality engineering
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in battery quality improvement, battery quality control, and test experience.
- Professional experience with quality control and improvement in a R&D / manufacturing environment
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing (new product introduction) as part of a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Design for Six Sigma, and Design for Test.
- Demonstrated experience with quality software – (Examples: Minitab / SPC / MES)
Preferred skills and experience: (NICE TO HAVE)
- Demonstrated experienceworking with Lithium-ion batteries with knowledge of battery quality control, testing and improvements.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations for Six Sigma projects and updates ETC.
- Ability to identify and analyse product quality improvements
- Hands-on engineer with a passion for continuous improvements and building the best quality product.
- Battery pack assembly and energy storage assembly and their test experience.
- Six Sigma belt
- Demonstrated capability solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments of battery industries
- Working proficiency with DFMEA and PFMEA methodology and implementation
- Working experience in an TS16949 and ISO9 or equivalent quality system
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting Lithium-ion batteries – today. With our Management Team of recognized authorities in the battery industry we have dramatically improved the quality and safety of lithium-ion batteries while delivering performance levels never previously seen in the industry.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows.