Job Title: Quality Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Ankeny, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This job fully integrates an individual into the engineering culture by performing specific quality engineering assignments that are limited in scope, depth and degree of skill required.
- Work plans and decisions are usually reviewed by others.
- Duties: Learns and uses quality planning tools and analysis to formulate/facilitate quality plans for new products within the product delivery, order fulfillment or customer supportprocesses.
- Learns and uses quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
- Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
- Gathers and analyzes data pertinent to quality tools in the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP), Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Support Process (CSP).
- Performs quality audits, including supporting International Standards Organization (ISO) audits, and maintains quality manual.
- Inputs and maintains information in factory databases and systems. Monitors quality plan tracking system.
- Assists in reviews and investigations of warranty claim information.
- 3rd shift starting at 10:30 PM. Some OT and weekends. Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection required. Tactical Quality engineer needed for sprayer production.
- Review warranty information, prioritize manufacturing related problems, create evidence packages and apply problem resolution techniques
- Review Defects Per Unit Daily report for qnotes within zone and problem resolution techniques *Review daily Quality metrics to determine if there are questions from our wage force
- Attend Change Management meetings to represent zone
- Create Temporary Deviations per the JDDMW Work Instruction
- Create Change Notice and send to shop floor inspectors and post information
- Facilitate RCA's & NCCA's
- Attend Final Product Audit Review and Audit Disposition
- Lead Corrective Action on items found in Audit Disposition
- Lead and Facilitate daily Non Conforming review
- Monitor Zone DPU through SPC and investigate out of control conditions
- Assure control Plan Execution
- Support Factory with Burning Issues, containment process, corrective action. Fire fighting.
- Demonstrated Skills in Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action (8D)
- Understanding of Mistake Proofing Techniques
- Understanding of Control Plans and PFMEAs Manufacturing Statistical Methods (Control Charting / Capability Analysis)
- Production floor experience. Preferred: 4 year Engineering Degree.