This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
Costco IT is seeking an individual to join our Ancillary Solutions Software Quality Assurance department. This position will be responsible for software/web testing, evaluation, and approval of development tasks as completed for the Ancillary Business Units (Pharmacy, Optical, Hearing Aids, Photo and CWT). This Quality Assurance Analyst will all review release notes, design test cases scenarios and create test automation scripts based on Gaps, User Stories, and Requirements identified by the business users, in addition to following the Costco QA Software Development Life Cycle. This candidate should be an analytical and logical thinker who is highly organized and able to meet milestones and deadlines while being able to work in a fast paced environment. The Ancillary Quality Assurance Analyst will have to work independently and as part of various teams in the IS Department.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Provides accurate project estimates for assigned tasks as required by the Project Manager.
- Actively participates in requirement gathering sessions and gives input on requirement and design documents.
- Reviews requirements for assigned projects and creates test cases scenarios as applicable.
- Works closely with Product Ownership Team and SME’s on test results and testing required code changes.
- Works with off-site or Vendor Development teams to ensure software is adequately tested and up to Costco’s Business requirements. (No on-site development).
- Develops, modifies and executes manual tests for scenarios that cannot be automated.
- Develops and executes test automation scripts and extends the existing framework.
- Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure proper balance between.
- Creates test data to support the execution of functional and nonfunctional testing activities.
- Prepares and delivers video demonstrations of testing to Business Stakeholders for each development cycle.
- Analyzes test results to identify defects, ensures features and User Stories work as expected and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Identifies and documents software defects in HP-ALM and Vendor systems.
- Consults and provides feedback for resolution of problems.
- Establishes and evolves formal QA processes and standards, and ensures that industry's best practices are consistently maintained on project.
- Abides by and follows software quality assurance standards, processes and controls as it pertains to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Develops, applies, and maintains quality standards for company products.
- Minimum 3 years’ software quality assurance experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools, preferably HP-ALM.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an Agile environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Software Quality Assurance methodologies and processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Oracle or MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write SQL queries using table joins.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using Automation tools like Ranorex, Jenkins, SauceLabs, Splunk, Selenium, etc.
- Ability to digest and understand complex and/or ambiguous user requirements and construct test cases to validate them.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on Agile or DevOps teams.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Communicates technical issues clearly in written and oral forms.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of working in an environment with changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience working with Costco Pharmacy, Optical, or Hearing Aid businesses.
- Experience with automation for test, integration, and build/release.
- SQA experience working within an iterative development framework.
- Knowledge and experience with AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals.
- Knowledge and experience with XML, web-based services.
- Working knowledge of HP ALM and Google Suite.
- Familiarity working with Vendors for QA testing, defect management, and troubleshooting.
- Analytical thinker possessing strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work nights/weekends as necessary.
- Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred.