You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Quality Engineers to help shape our test automation roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise Personalization and Digital Demand Generation portfolio focused on delivering the next generation global Personalization capabilities (Prospect & Customer Marketing) using cutting edge Machine Learning Models and Big Data technologies.
This team is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Python, Pig & Java. This young team has delivered industry leading products with many firsts in the organization. Today we support 21+ channels (including Web, Mobile, Voice, Email), daily volume of ~11MM transactions a day and support content across Card, Servicing, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product with a focus on driving omni-channel experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. They strive for the highest levels of quality and the most efficient methods to achieve it.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
As a Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Develop Test Strategies, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners.
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and technology assets being tested to ensure optimal test coverage.
- Maintain test data and environments
- Partner with Senior Quality Engineers and environment operations on test infrastructure design.
- Create, review and execute test cases at various quality assurance levels: Systems Integration, Partner Integration, Regression, and Performance.
- Work with software, infrastructure and vendor QAs to deliver target code quality.
- Work with Product Owners and Release Train Engineers to review test scenarios, validate test results and maintain documentation.
- Design quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement.
- Review requirements specifications for defects, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security.
- Monitor and track resolution of defects, coordinating with engineers in order to prevent, report, and resolve the issues.
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing.
- Testing and automating REST API services.
- Designing and developing testing infrastructure and executing automation scripts on a scheduled basis for Big Data Platforms with understanding of Big Data programming models
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, performance tests, and managing defects.
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: HP Quality Center, Selenium; Unified Functional Test (UFT aka QTP), orchestrators such as XL Release; Puppet or Chef.
- Working knowledge of test data management tools.
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Strong technical experience working one of more of the following areas: Distributed computing, programming in a number of languages (i.e. Python, Java, Perl, Bash etc.)
- Exposure to Big Data technologies HBase, Hive, Hadoop, Spark etc. will be a plus.
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT and service virtualization
At the core of Quality Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.