Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacture of electromagnetic and hydraulic brakes, clutches and associated components. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of these products, utilizing knowledge in engineering mechanical and electrical fields. Responsible for scrap reduction and problem resolution with consumer concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities to enhance the quality system (e.g. 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc).
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure that new products transferred to Production are manufactured in accordance with approved prints.
- Conduct internal audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyze product failures and initiate the corrective and preventive actions required to respond to customer complaints.
- Adheres to all safety rules and report questionable conditions to department supervisor
- Apply, recommend, and follow Lean practices.
- Analytical problem solver: uses technical engineering and quantitative methods to understand problems, design experimental programs, collect and analyze data, and derive practical recommendations and solutions.
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and tools for problem solving.
- Ability to work with manufacturing to develop product Process Flows, PFMEAs, Control Plans and PPAPs.
- Ability to objectively coach associates and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using independent judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Excel and Word.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years' experience with aerospace and defense related products.
- Experience in maintaining an ISO-9001 or AS9100 quality system preferred.