Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Job TitleQuality DirectorWork LocationArlington Heights, ILJob Description
Curtiss-Wright are seeking a Quality Director to join our Senior Management Team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to grow their career within an entrepreneurial environment. The successful Director will be committed to handling all quality aspects relating to customer concerns, warranty issues and providing effective resolutions. You will be an experienced Director or Senior Manager with the ability to manage an international team across multiple countries. This opportunity can be based at either our Portland or Arlington Heights facility.
The Quality Director develops implements and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities. Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations. Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Establishes and maintains quality assurance unit systems and methods on a periodic basis to ensure its efficient operation and its compliance with applicable regulations and standards
- Reviews and disseminates regulatory reference information that may affect the operation of the quality assurance unit or other areas
- Reports the status of compliance with applicable regulations and standards that relate to studies, operations, and facilities to Senior Management.
- Reviews quality assurance unit inspection reports to assess findings, responses and need for follow-up activities
- Serves as a key contact for inspections and provides input for responses to those inspections
- Serves as an internal consultant for system validation projects
- 10 to 12 years related work experience gained from an Engineering or Manufacturing environment. Automotive experience is desirable but not essential.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Master's Degree beneficial
- Proven experience managing employees across a global team
- Ability to provide solutions using interpretive, creative and innovative thinking
- Flexibility to travel when required
- Effective communication and strong presentation skills
- Working to minimal direction
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.