The Quality Director Corporate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing enterprise wide quality assurance programs designed to ensure continuous improvement in production of products and conformance to all established standards in a high product mix environment. Overall responsibility for coordinating and leading assigned resources and employees to meet or exceed company quality and business objectives. This position will need to work closely with cross-functional teams including HR, Operations, Sales/Marketing, IT, and Engineering.
- Directly oversee the corporate responsibilities of monitoring and improving customer experience measurements, reducing total cost of quality, ensuring regulatory compliance in our processes and continually improving the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Designs and directs the work of the functional area. Selects, coaches and develops the team, setting objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate the team. Manages organizational talent through performance management, succession planning and development. Designs and directs processes by which team and individual performance are recognized, feedback is consistently delivered and performance is systematically improved.
- Develop and execute a multi-year quality improvement plan for the organization journey from Quality Control to Quality Assurance to Process Excellence
- Coach and collaborate with business leaders and team members to apply and share a common vision for excellence
in processes and technologies.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by developing policies, procedures and process documentation related to quality, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction directives;
- Establishes product quality goals, metrics, and test methods during product design and development, presents quality metrics and analysis regularly to Senior Management team and external customers as needed;
- Establish an effective audit process to be used to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results are followed to enable operational excellence;
- Drives down total product cost through the use of quality goals, performance metrics and improvement initiatives;
- Oversees development and deployment of standard quality tools, methodologies, standards, practices and improvement processes through the Manufacturing System;
- Bachelordegree or equivalent experience;
- 10+ years of experience with quality responsibilities in a manufacturing environment;
- Black Belt or Master Black Belt desirable
- Advanced degree, MS and/or MBA;
- Experience working in multi-site matrix organization;
- Experience in manufactured durable,automotive or consumer goods industry .a plus
- Leadership experience in a Quality, Lean, Process Excellence or Six Sigma environment;
- Success in leading teams through positions of direct and indirect reporting relationships;
- Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma tools and lean methodology;
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally up to 25%.