The Quality Data Analyst will provide expertise in the development of quality measures, regulatory reporting, report building, and statistical analysis/presentation of information from disparate data sets. This individual will also provide executive level presentations of analyses, including conclusions and recommendations, that will be utilized to improve healthcare safety and quality.
Limited remote flexibility may be offered, after a sufficient onboarding period.
Aggregate data from different sources and perform analysis as per business requirements
- Form hypotheses, then analyze data to independently test the ideas
- Collaborate extensively with data architects to translate requirements into technical specifications and assist in data and output validation
- Communicate the analytical results to team members and suggest implications and potential next steps
- Communicate analysis, ideas, and findings using data visualization techniques (PowerPoint, Kronos, Power BI etc.)
- Collaborate closely with clinical and IT teams, as well as business users, to understand the relationship between data elements and business processes
- Work with large/complex SQL databases and develop ad-hoc reports when necessary.
- Manage and lead analysis projects, including data gathering (some from manual abstraction) and manipulation, synthesis, modeling, and communication of insights
- Clearly document specifications of all builds and analyses
- Develop, perform, and document validation/testing of all reports/analyses, and fully address/retest issues identified
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, with a focus on Data Science
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures and database table design including reporting from Tableau, SSRS, SAS or other applications.
- Healthcare Background – minimum of 3 years working knowledge of clinical documentation systems and/or claims data
- Ability to serve in the capacity of a thought leader for the Quality and IT areas, and someone who can present information to senior executives from a perspective that demonstrates critical business thinking and delivers relevant business information.
- Experience with designing complex reports and dashboards, documenting and interacting with stakeholders using Tableau
- Strong knowledge of data mining techniques and testing/validation
- Working knowledge of ETL or ELT concepts
- Working knowledge of either Python, R, SAS or equivalent language
- Business Intelligence Tools experience
- Data Marts and Data Warehousing experience
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal – and team soft skills required
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in the perioperative setting
- Knowledge and understanding of government reporting regulations such as PQRS, MIPS, VBP, HACs, HAIs, Readmissions and PSIs