The Quality Control/Traffic Manager will be part of a creative services/production team that is responsible for the layout execution of all private brand packaging and inbox materials for a large home improvement retailer. This individual will QC and traffic all digital layout files executed by an offshore art production team and making sure that the files are built correctly, that they follow established brand guidelines and are consistent between product families. In addition, this position will support the art production team when capacity requires and be responsible for making last minute fixes and edits to files. This may include some retouching if needed. The selected candidate must thrive in a professional, creative and fast-paced environment, and be skilled at juggling multiple projects simultaneously within a corporate setting. This position is located in Mooresville, NC.
- Perform quality control steps for layout files produced by an offshore team
- Monitors quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all projects to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets customer delivery expectations.
- Communicate directly with offshore resources for clarifications and trouble shooting
- Executes creative and graphic concepts in collaboration with assigned team as needed
- Retouch images that require corrections
- Produces technically correct, print-ready mechanicals for release
- Follows projects throughout all stages of print production and/or online deployment
- Interacts regularly with designers and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects
- Solves business challenges through smart production
- Takes ownership, leads initiatives and successfully executes through all stages of production development on target, on time and on budget
- Maintains and enhances the client’s identity by working within the corporate Brand Guidelines
- Understands the client’s design needs and methodology
- Communicates effectively with peers, senior management and clients across all topics from business to creative
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of prior art production, preferably in packaging
- Must be Adobe Illustrator Expert.
- In addition highly proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office.
- Love for the technical side of design
- Ability to prepare projects for print is essential
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to build strong, technically tight, problem-free mechanicals
- Ability to set up and organize cleantemplate files that can be adapted to many uses and streamline the production process
- Proficient knowledge of prepress and printing standards
- Proficient knowledge of CMYK, RGB, color modes, conversion, tone structure, memory colors, flesh tones and multi-tone files
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills
- Ability to produce independently in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn existing and new workflows
- Organizational skills, adaptability and composure under fire are equally important
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build and maintain strong and effective customer and internal relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen for understanding to execute the work according to the customer’s needs