EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: QC / Safety Manager
EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Quality Control/Safety Manager to support an Operations & Maintenance contract at Luke AFB. The QC/Safety Manager ensures through various audits, inspections, tests, and measures that the Contractor’s personnel performing under this contract follow approved procedures/directives when performing repairs to equipment, performing work under service calls, alterations, and maintenance and variety of electrical, electronic, and HVAC systems.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily oversight of the quality control and safety program for the contract.
- Responsible for the quality and safety of the work performed and for drafting and monitoring the Quality Control and Safety Plans.
- Conducts Quality Control inspections.
- Coordinates and provides training on safety codes and regulations.
- Ensures overall compliance of TJC inspections and record keeping.
- Ensures all inspection records are current and within periodicity and all EPA, NFPA and OSHA standards are adhered to.
- Develops site-specific policies and procedures that support the client policies and all Environmental permits.
- Ensures the Safety and OSHA Compliance with all employees and Subcontractors. Strive for Zero Injuries and Illnesses annually.
- Conducts weekly Safety meetings with all staff.
- Ensures Contract compliance is strictly adhered to, including but not limited to 100% completion of all scheduled monthly PM’s and the response and completion times of all unscheduled work orders.
- Available 24/7/365 for all urgent events in the absence of the Contract Maintenance Manager.
- Must possess at least five years of recent experience in managing a Quality Control Plan for facility operations and maintenance programs.
- Certified Hospital Safety Professional (CHSP) is preferred
- Must have OSHA 30
- Must have experience in overseeing quality standards for O&M programs covering medical treatment facilities and business occupancy spaces.
- Must possess knowledge of building operating systems and equipment
- Computerized Management Maintenance System (CMMS) experience is highly desirable and preferred.
- Experience in environmental control, including hazardous waste disposal, is highly desirable.
- Working experience with The Joint Commission(formerly JCAHO), NFPA, OSHA, and EPA codes and standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of Life Safety & TJC requirements.
- Represent company in all safety related meetings, functions, and hearings
- Customer service experience on government base operations supportcontract in a multiple sites environment is preferred.
- Subject to background check and must be eligible for government clearance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- MS office suite and Internet experiencerequired.