Walsh is currently seeking a Quality Control Manager for our Van Ness project located in San Francisco, CA.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for managing daily QC responsibilities to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with the established specifications and contractlanguage.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team.
Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Direct oversight of QC Technicians and/or Independent Testing Firm personnel.
- Review of all contract documentation and interprets blueprints and specifications to ensure compliance with specifications and other regulations governing construction
- Contributes expertise to the work planning process, while aiding other in-house personnel (Project Managers, Superintendents, Engineers, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product
- Coordinates testing laboratory technicians and interprets test results
- 8years of Quality Control experience in the construction industry
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred
- Ability to enforce quality control, and ensure compliance with quality standards and contract requirements
- Able to perform surveillance and inspection on multiple crews and subcontractors
- Flexibility to provide QC services both on and off the jobsite and at various intervals of a project
- Self-starter with good documentation skills
- EIT or Professional Engineer (PE) License strongly preferred