Provide overall on-site technical and quality control for major renovations projects.
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Supervise construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with plans specification and PMSI Quality Control Plan.
- Develop understanding/working knowledge of company quality control program, company standards, procedures, codes, etc.required to perform assigned work. Implement and maintain the Project Quality Control Planthroughout project.
- Review, Comment, and control submittal process
- Perform inspections and witness tests applicable to discipline to determine acceptability of work.
- Maintaining work performance records, inspection records and other related items; assure correctness of all documents.
- Assume responsibility for planning, coordinating and supervising onsite functions (scheduling, subcontractor coordination, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Implement and maintain the PMSI Quality Control Plan.
- Coordinate with on-site base personnel.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Off-shift work required (nights and weekends)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Four year college degree plus minimum 5 years’ experience in quality control inspection, construction, operations or equivalent combinations training and/or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of quality control inspection standards, procedures and applicable codes required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills plus ability to develop in-depth understanding of QAlQC manual and program.
- Certification/Training/Experience in Federal QA/QC Program
- USACE CQC Manager Certification.