Quality Control Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Metals & Mining
The Quality Manager will formulate and drive the development and implementation of the Company’s product quality program. Coordinate with production and customer service/sales to control and improve the quality level of our products. Collaborate with management to formulate and drive the company’s quality strategy and practices. Develop metrics, scorecards and tools to monitor and communicate performance trends and identify areas of improvement.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitativechemical and physical analyses of material in all phases of the cement manufacturing process.
- Identify and resolve the root causes that result in quality and/or service issues.
- Design quality reports and scorecards to provide timely and actionable operating information across the group.
- Oversees the daily activities of the physical and analytical labs.
- Sets up samplingschedules for all materials being produced and received.
- Works closely with the production manager to ensure the manufacturing of quality cement.
- Reviews test records of chemical and physical tests.
- Participates in helping secure quality raw materials at budget prices.
- Prepares all test records and sends out certified test results if needed
- Prepares monthly reports for quality.
- Help develop yearly budget for all phases of plant quality control.
- Sets up training for new employees, helps train employees and monitors employees progress.
- Monitors employees work levels and reviews work performance. Determines personnel action plans for job performance.
- Follows all plant safety policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5+ years of practical experience in quality with direct experience in the cement industry.
- Understanding of raw materials, raw mix design and finished products.
- Exhibits customer focus; dedicated to meeting the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Strategic and forecasting ability. A proven track record of successfully driving change and continuous improvements.
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of PC operations and software.
- Ability to work evenings.
- Cement Manufacturing -- Knowledge of raw materials, methods, and the tools involved in the mining, production, shipping and packaging of cement.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of equipment used, machines and tools, including their uses, repair of, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of the technology used and manufacturing of cement. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of cement.
- Environmental – Knowledge of proper allocation of waste material.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to safely work in an outdoor environment with frequent exposure to heat, cold, dust, and noise.
- Ability to perform tasks that include frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing equipment, and working within confined spaces to access and inspect equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee. The employment relationship remains “At-Will”. The job description is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of this position, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employer reserves the right to modify, interpret, and apply job descriptions as it sees fit. EOE/Drug-Free Workplace.