American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country’s fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has the of an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity.
As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for ensuring the quality of newly constructed Company properties during all phases of construction and property lifecycle. This position serves as a liaison between the new home construction teams and Property Management.
This position coordinates with builders and departments across the company to ensure compliance with all federal and state procedures and regulations, including safety and building codes. The goal for this position is to provide Property Management a defect-free home ready to lease.
- Ensures Quality Control inspections are conducted through all phases of construction to ensure the delivery of quality homes that meet company standards and expectations; performs spot checks on properties for progress and final walk inspections of work performed to ensure quality, and that property is completed and certified according to company standards and best practices; verifies all punch list items are completed within 2 to 6 days of work commencement; identifies and mitigates recurring issues.
- Creates inspection protocols as necessary to bring properties to market standards; identifies and assigns vendors to perform scope of work; reviews bids from vendors to ensure accuracy for content and pricing; engages in negotiations with vendors to ensure pricing falls within market pricing guidelines.
- Ensures Quality Control inspections of Rent Ready properties are performed as required and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
- Operates drones to inspect roofs and portions of homes difficult to view from the ground; creates marketing videos as required.
- Self-performs cleaning, repairs, and maintenance on properties as necessary utilizing appropriate tools and equipment (such as ladders) in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Inspects and ensures that work is completed in compliance with City/County/State requirements and building codes; schedules inspections.
- Maintains current working knowledge of all applicable building codes and OSHA job safety regulations and ensure they are implemented.
- This position sits out of Las Vegas, NV.
- Will involve travel between 6-8 days out of the month Will be visiting six west coast markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field highly desired. Will consider equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience in residential construction environments as a Construction Superintendent or Manager required. This experience should include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of home building and construction systems processes and practices to include plumbing, electrical, heating systems and drywall installation.
- City/County/State requirements and building codes, and safety practices
- Experience in the new home residential building industry is strongly preferred.
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) and Microsoft Dynamics CRMrequired.
- Licensed home inspector desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, budgeting and business/financial analysis skills.
- Strong leadership, people management, negotiation, prospecting, and problem-solving skills.