Provide a concise overview of the essential function, purpose, & major objective of this job. Responsible for assuring the quality of all products produced by McIlhenny Company as well as co-packing operations. Maintains and improves overall QC program design, budget, and functionality of the department, including supervision of QC lab personnel.
List major duties & responsibilities of importance, including purpose of each.
- Responsible for assuring the highest possible quality of all products produced by McIlhenny Company, as well as co-pack operations. Manages the performance of the QC Department in all areas through team based, leading edge managerial applications.
- Provides technical support to sales team and customer service
- Acts as a liaison between outside consultants and McIlhenny Company
- Responsible for training staff on new systems and analytical methods
- Analyzes and interprets quality data and submits results to designated personnel
- Tracks quality problems, identifies the source, and works closely with the appropriate staff member to resolve the issues
- Consults with management, customers, and other representatives in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and directing of the quality assurance program in conformance with customer requirements, engineering specifications and production schedules
- Works diligently to eliminate non conformities
- Administers a continuing program of review and analysis to audit the quality of the quality control program results
- Develops and implements any systems which further our efforts for continuous quality improvement and consistency
- Works with Customer Service Department on issues of product quality and reliability
- Reports findings and trends, as well as future needs, adjustments, and other changes which will enhance quality performance to director of manufacturing
- Works with R & D personnel in developing new products and improving existing products
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Qualifications State normal minimum education, experience, specialized knowledge and critical skills required.
~ B.S. Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related scientific field
~ Masters Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related scientific field required
~ 8-10 years quality assurance and management experience in a food processing environment
~ Must have great people, leadership and communication skills
~ Courteous and polite behavior
To be considered for the position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as outlined in the job description.
Job ID : 77