A globally leading technology group, Heraeus is headquartered in Hanau, Germany. Founded in 1851, it is a family-owned portfolio company which traces its roots back to a pharmacy opened by the family in 1660. Today, Heraeus combines businesses in the environmental, energy, electronics, health, mobility and industrial applications sectors. In the 2017 financialyear, the FORTUNE Global 500-listed company generated a total revenue of €21.8 billion. Our promise to about 13,000 employees is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout the production cycle.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure the quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
What is required for this role:
- Four-year technical degree or a combination of education and work experience is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing process development in a quality role.
- Ability to conceptualize functional mechanical designs. GD &T a plus.
- Demonstrated collaboration, decision making, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Product Quality Planning including FMEA, SPC, Process Flow, First Article Inspection (FAI) and Control Plans
- Lean manufacturing principles such as 5s, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Standard Work and Layered Process Audit (LPA).
- Good communication skills to interact with Engineering, Production, supplier, or customer.
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, Project, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio).