As a QC Manager on our $240m Isabella Dam project, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with one of North America's top heavy civil construction firms.
You have the opportunity to work on this high profile project, which will run for the next 4 years. Your contribution to this project ensure the success of this landmark project.
- Communicates directly with project & company management
- Coordination of inspection of all materials upon delivery to site
- Ensures suppliers have appropriate Quality Control/Assurance measures in place
- Coordinate tests and inspections of subcontractors scopes of work
- Supervise and direct on-site personnel involved in quality assurance work
- Prepare, obtain approval, issue and implement company quality assurance program manual in compliance with owner contract and company requirements
- Participate in review board meetings to resolve non-conformance areas; follow up to insure corrections are implemented
- Supervise internal/external audits to insure quality assurance requirements are implemented and/or maintained
- Supervise inspection of work in various disciplines
- Assist in resolution of company non-conformance reports
- Coordinate quality assurance program with job site departments and contractors
- As required by quality assurance program manual, perform activities such as audits, preparation of company standards, notification to management of quality problems, etc
- Provide administrative and technical direction to all quality assurance personnel including personnel administration, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in-house training, etc
- Act as liaison with owner, regulatory agencies, subcontractors and/or internal departments on quality related matters as required
- Insure company standards as outlined in quality assurance manual are effectively implemented
- Insure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance
- Implement and manage the overall Quality Management Program for the project
- Designate appropriate trained personnel to perform audits
- Review Design and/or Construction Quality Control Process periodically for conformance
- Organize and maintain a document control system for all quality data
- Coordinate reviews with outside entities
- Review and close all Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs)
- Assist in developing a plan for process change to eliminate nonconformance trends
- Review change requests to release packages for conformance with QMP
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron"s company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management"s direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited institution is required
- 5 years quality assurance experience on heavy civil projects of similar size and type and/or training.
- 2 years plus experience in a QA Manager role on a $50m+ Heavy civil projects is required.
- US Army Corps of Engineers ConstructionQuality Manager for Contractor Certificate will be a benefit
- Exposure to water and transport infrastructure projects will be highly regarded.
- Experience in the Californian market will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in managing quality control processes
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (Written & Verbal)
Benefits Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.