Overview of the Quality Control Manager position
This position is responsible for regional planning and implementation of DS Services National Quality Program for product, package and coolers ensuring total customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and direction to front line quality & production management.
- Implement manufacturing process standards for all production facilities.
- Measure compliance and performance through execution of DSS Quality Audit Program.
- Assist with annual planning of quality scoreboard KPIs.
- Communicate quality trends to all regional stakeholders with a focus to continuous improvement.
- Manage government license and permit requirements.
- Ensure plant and facility operations are in compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Work with auditing government agencies on non-compliance issues.
- Facilitate and lead training workshops at a regional plant and national level.
- Participate in DSS Critical Incident Team for Product Quality.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or Life Science is required.
- Five (5) years of food, beverage or related industry experience; three (3) to five (5) years in a plant quality management role; some multi--plant quality management experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills -- written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability and desire for self-directed education.
- Experience in quality engineering, supply chain management and food manufacturing sanitation systems.
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF and 5S process.
- Able to complete IBWA CPO and SQF Practitioner Certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of water treatment process technology and associated sciences.
- Flexibility to travel as needed.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening required.