Quality Control Manager
The qualified Quality Control Manager will ensure the project is built within contract document specifications, owner requirements, and comply with local, state and federal building codes. The Quality Control Manager will coordinate with other trades, process daily reports of project progress and adhere to all guidelines issued by owner.
- Partner with the project team to understand the contract document specifications in their discipline
- Work in conjunction with the owner and with the field staff to ensure quality and timeliness of project construction and completion
- Execute inspections
- Coordinate third party testing agents as outlined in the quality control plan
- Prepare, implement and manage the Quality Control Plan
- Oversee submittal review and approval
- Establish testing procedures in accordance with contract specifications
- Maintain deficiency log
- Manage the “Three Phases of Control”
- Control documents related to quality control functions
- Schedule and conduct quality control meetings
- Confer directly with executive management team
- Interface with Owner’s representative as required
- Encourage and/or participate in staff training and development
- Undergraduate degree in a construction or a related discipline
- 5+ years construction quality control and/or testing experience
- Must have experience working on OSHPD projects.
- Experience in large scale construction management or construction trade with increasing levels of responsibility
- Must be able to manage other inspectors and submittal clerks, as well as coordinate independent material testing and lab work.
- Ability to process a large volume of submittals
- Prior experience developing Quality Control Plans