Who we are and what we do:
Pace Industries is North America?s leading full-service die casting manufacturer. Our mission is to provide uncommon, creative die casting and support solutions that contribute to the success of our customers. Our die cast parts are used in automobiles, motorcycles, generators, snow mobiles, lawn mowers, washing machines, power hand tools, BBQ grills, commercial lighting and many other well-known products. You can have a significant impact on our cultural transformation.
As a premier job shop finisher, JapEnameLac (JEL) has served the changing needs of its customers for more than 65years. JEL?s name is recognized throughout the industry for our commitment to quality, on time delivery and years of experience in the finishing industry. From chromating, phosphating, multiple automated powder coat systems, wet painting, robotic electrostatic painting, silk screening, pad printing and stenciling, we do it all.
The Quality Manager is responsible for administering the company quality program in accordance with customer and company requirements with a hands-on approach. This position requires advance knowledge of industrial finishing pretreatments, painting, power coating, and silk screening. Supervising Q.C. personnel on a day to day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and enforce quality and safety requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations, process improvement, and product development.
- Perform ISO training and auditing.
- Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Perform root cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Analyze customers' product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develop process certification standards and assist in process certification. Review customer purchase orders, quotes, and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversee calibration and testing programs.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses. Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment and ISOexperiencepreferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and understand MIL specs.
- Proficient in all quality application tools including SPC, APQP, PPAP (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, Gage R&R, Capability analysis).
- Must be analytical and possess a strong aptitude for detail. 3+ years of experience in managing technical personnel and complex activities. This includes engineering, technical operations, or quality management.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.