The Quality Control Manager will be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Candidates must demonstrate ability to successfully execute multiple complex tasks simultaneously; as well as the ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently. The candidate must be capable of quickly learning and using technology concepts and methods to support project operations, with the flexibility to support multiple changing project needs. The QCR will have the experience, education, and training that involve planning, developing, or administering quality assurance programs supporting the systematic prevention of defects and non-conformances, the identification of unsatisfactory trends and conditions, and the correction of factors which may contribute to defective items or services.
- Lead, manage, and plan the quality assurance activities performed by the project team.
- Audit technical and managerial processes to ensure compliance.
- Records and tracks non-compliance issues to closure.
- Ensures QA processes are followed, based on customer life cycle management procedures.
- Provides development of Quality Management System and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
- Provides an independent assessment of how the project's processes are being implemented relative to the defined processes and recommends methods to optimize the organization's processes.
- May be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
- Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality across a broad range of project functions, including facilities operations and maintenance, logistics and transportation, plant operations, multiple personnel support services, environmental support, fuel service operations and more.
- Inspection methodologies include; 100% inspection, random samplinginspections, periodic inspections, and submittal reviews.
- Must prepare detailed, accurate reports of all Quality Control inspections, results, corrective actions, recommended preventive actions, trends analyses, and compliance to contract requirements. Must utilize effective technical narrative, graphs, charts, spreadsheets, photographs and other means to effectively convey the QC results to Government and company end users.
- Ability to gain cooperation, coordinate the work of others, and build a cohesive team.
- Capability to adjust work operations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice to quantity and quality of work.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress.
- Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely and economical solutions.
- Experience in implementing a quality program for a Federal contractor, preferably in the facilities operations and maintenance, logistics or services industries.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills to facilitate communicate at all levels.
- Excellent team member, organizational and planning skills.
- QCCR - certification from https://asq.org/cert for the Quality Control Representative, or equal organization. Additionally may include certifications in one or more of the disciplines: Quality Inspector/Quality Process Analyst/ Quality Technician.
- 5years’ experience performing quality control management functions in Public Works base operations contract environment. Experience to include (but not limited to) managing the overall quality program, deficiency identification/correction, and analyzing performance data to correct and improve performance.
- Strong MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word skills.