The Quality Control Manager will be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work site located at Kirtland Air Force Base, NM. Candidates must demonstrate ability to successfully execute multiple complex tasks simultaneously; as well as the ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently. The candidate must be capable of quickly learning and using technology concepts and methods to support project operations, with the flexibility to support multiple changing project needs. The QCM will have the experience, education, and training that involve planning, developing, or administering quality control/assurance programs supporting the systematic prevention of defects and non-conformances, the identification of unsatisfactory trends and conditions, and the correction of factors which may contribute to defective items or services.
- Lead, manage, and plan the quality control activities performed by the project team.
- Audit technical and managerial processes to ensure compliance.
- Records and tracks non-compliance issues to closure.
- Ensures QA processes are followed, based on customer life cycle management procedures.
- Provides development of Quality Management System and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
- Provides an independent assessment of how the project's processes are being implemented relative to the defined processes and recommends methods to optimize the organization's processes.
- May be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
- Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality across a broad range of project functions, including facilities operations and maintenance, logistics and transportation, plant operations, multiple personnel support services, environmental support, fuel service operations and more.
- Inspection methodologies include; 100% inspection, random samplinginspections, periodic inspections, and submittal reviews.
- Must prepare detailed, accurate reports of all Quality Control inspections, results, corrective actions, recommended preventive actions, trends analyses, and compliance to contract requirements. Must utilize effective technical narrative, graphs, charts, spreadsheets, photographs and other means to effectively convey the QC results to Government and company end users.
- Experience in the application of ISO principles is preferred and highly desirable.
- Ability to gain cooperation, coordinate the work of others, and build a cohesive team.
- Capability to adjust work operations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice to quantity and quality of work.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress.
- Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely and economical solutions.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills to facilitate communicate at all levels.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Work skills.
- The QCM shall have a minimum of 5years’ experience as a quality control manager on a US federal government service contract for facility maintenance and management.
- QCM shall have and maintain a Quality Technician Certification from the American Society for Quality. Alternate certifications from other sources may be accepted.
- Secret security clearance required