Summary of Position:
Responsible for inspecting assigned construction sites to ensure that work performed is in compliance with the contract documents and that the standards of quality construction are met and preclude problems resulting from poor quality. Follows established procedures to manage and control our own work force and our subcontractor and supplier activities to ensure that the completed work complies with the contract documents. Documents all required items to record and report accurate records. Attend and coordinate job site meetings to understand the project status.
The Quality Control Manager must be physically able to access the job site, climb ladders, and to work around equipment and workers in a safe manner.
- BA in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture or equivalent work experience. OR
- Alternate education as an Engineering Technician with at least 2 year of college and ICC Certification as a Commercial Building Inspector with a minimum of 5 years of constructionexperience as a QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer or Construction Manager. The individual must have at least 2 years experience as a QC Manager. The individual must be familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1, and have experience in the areas of hazard identification, safety compliance and sustainability.
- In addition, the QC Manager must have completed the course titled "Construction Quality Management (QCM) for Contractors.
- 5+ years of general management and documentation skills and a thorough knowledge of constructionprocesses, industry codes and standards, and inspection and testing procedures are required.
- Broad, thorough understanding of construction industry
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders with strong ability to read drawings and specifications
- OSHA 10 certified
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Delegates work appropriately
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities and management skills
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills