What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
The purpose of this position is to manage the Evonik Jayhawk Fine Chemicals Quality Control Lab. In addition to day to day management of the QC Lab, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with ISO, RC, cGMP guidelines and EJFC Management System; development and management of new systems when needed; and overall responsibility to ensure professional and timely resolution to customer complaints.
- Insures that the QC laboratory maintains compliance with the cGMP, ISO 9001, 14001, and RC 14001 guidelines.
- Establishes and reviews all chemical testing procedures to assure conformance of raw materials, in-process, and finished products to established specifications.
- Maintains a complete and current file of company and customer specifications for raw material, finished products and chemical reagents.
- Oversees analytical activities of the laboratory in the testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products to insure their compliance with specifications, standards, and customer requirements.
- Plans, recommends, and implements projects for the QC laboratory to insure that that lab maintains sufficient and current capability to support the analytical testing required for support of production.
- Approves or rejects raw materials and finished products based on approved specifications.
- A Bachelor?s or Master?s degree in chemistry, preferably with an emphasis in analytical chemistry.
- Supervisory experience in a production environment and with a unionized work force important.
- Effective communication and organizational skills are key for successful performance of this position.
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.