Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 191 days ago
Description CPI Antenna Systems, a division of Communications & Power Industries (CPI), is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance, highly engineered antenna systems for satellite communications, telemetry, radar, electronic warfare and high-frequency (HF) applications. CPI ASD's customers include international broadcasters and Fortune 500 companies, satellite operators and telecommunications carriers, and military and government organizations.
Operating across all radio frequency (RF) bands, CPI ASD's products are produced through the use of CAD, CAE, large-scale graphics and computer-controlled machining that delivers extreme precision, supported by in-house microwave and electronics assembly and test laboratories. CPI ASD's in-house service organization provides worldwide installation, logistics and repair support with assistance from local CPI offices. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team.
Ideal candidate will utilize inspection plans, engineering drawings, process specifications, and hand tools to inspect products to determine conformity to the established requirements. Exercise responsibility for decisions as to the quality and usability of products based on obtained organizational knowledge, performance specifications and engineering drawings.
Performs mechanical / electrical inspection work in two basic areas; In-process inspection and final inspection;
• Full understanding with all applicable ISO 9001/AS9100 quality procedures and related work instructions and recommends improvements when applicable.
• Measures parts to verify accuracy of dimensions using standard hand tools and/or special measuring equipment. Performs visual inspection of workmanship to meet product requirements.
• High attention to detail, performs visual inspection of hardware and documentation to assure compliance to all applicable requirements.
• Documentation of nonconformance’s; clearly and concisely describing the condition of unacceptable parts, noting responsibility for errors when known.
• Supports engineering through the NC review process, as required.
• Works from engineering drawings, process specifications, test procedures, process planning and sometimes customer drawings.
• Maintains all required inspection records per procedures and work instructions.
• Assists other inspectors or peers if needed.
• Performs other duties when assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Able to read documents (in English), schematics and blueprints; operate a personal computer (Outlook, Word, Excel); verbally communicate with other company employees, suppliers and customers.
Federal law requires ASD, Camarillo to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The company uses eVerify and does provides Social Security Administration and/or Department of Homeland Security employee’s I-9 Form to confirm work authorization.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum.
CPI, Camarillo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including lactation), age, national origin, including possessing a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code §12801.9, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, transition status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified veteran, status as an unpaid volunteer, or any other classification protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CPI, Malibu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Requirements • A minumum of 5 years realted experience, or a combination of realted education, experience and training in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Overtime may be required, including weekends.
• Able to lift 35 lbs.
• A self-starter who works under minimal supervision and guidance of QA Manager.